The Actors within this video are personal friends of mine who were willing to be filmed to help me with this project.
After filming all of the required shots I began to edit my film using Adobe Premiere pro. I started off by simply placing the shots in the correct order and cutting them so that the video ran smoothly.
After this, I removed the audio since the microphone quality was poor and would have made the final video less professional. I added sound effects which, some I created, and some I found on royalty free sites. Some of these sounds included a keyboard sound, a twig snapping, and a heartbeat. Once this was complete I then added music to the video so that It wasn’t silent throughout. In the outside scenes I had forest and park background noise, and when something creepy was going to happen I added the creepy music.
Using the heartbeat sound I added a crop effect to scene 3 and 5 so that I could make the follower appear and disappear on every beat. This was easy to do as I filmed the desired shots twice, once with the actor in the shot, once without. This then meant the crop around the actor did affect the background and didn’t look like an obvious edit.
I also wanted to include a credit scene for the video however I wanted to have an image in the background rather than the typical black screen. Using the same knife from scene 5 I added a variety of ketchup to give the illusion of blood and took a picture on a surface. I then created the text in photoshop and edited in so that it faded in and out at the end of the video.
I felt like I used a range of shots within my film however there are a couple of shots which I realize i could now use after looking at the finished version. I feel like a low shot showing the persons legs as they walk along would be a useful shot to use and add to the tension of the video.
The final video was rendered in 1080p 25fps and then uploaded to Youtube.
Before beginning to film I decided that it would be a good idea to plan what scenes I wanted to have, what shots these would include and finally a storyboard that would help me visualize the movie and save time when it comes to filming.
1. introduction scene, shows the character walking down the street with a man sat on the bench.
2. introduces the stranger in background shots while the character has a conversation with a friend.
3. The character feels like they are being followed, finds a poster about a serial killer, causing them to rush off home. Hinting that the serial killer is the stranger.
4. Characters research on the computer about the serial killer.
5. Skips to a few days later, character proceeds in everyday life when the stranger reappears and gives the impression that he has killed the character.
6. The final scene shows the first street with the man on the bench. This reveals that the man is the stranger, showing him picking his target.
Scene 1- Establishing shot, Long shot, Mid shot
Scene 2- Mid shot of characters, over the shoulder, mid shot.
Scene 3- Point of view shot, close up.
Scene 4- mid shot, over the shoulder
Scene 5- mid shot
Scene 6- Long shot, Mid shot.
With these lists, I then began to create a storyboard. Since I had the shot list I didn’t need to show every shot that I wanted to use therefore I decided just to show the most important shots of each scene.
After a couple of weeks, I have gathered some footage that we will be used in the movie. This includes shots for the firs and final scene. As well as this I have also created an image of a fake news website that gives information about the killer. I also made up other news so that the website didn’t appear empty. Since the killer is unknown I also included a blacked out silhouette of a man with a question mark to instantly show that his appearance is unknown.
My next steps will be to finish filming this upcoming week and prepare to edit.