To go with the shield that I created I modeled a number of weapons including a sword, a spear, and a bow. This allowed me to experiment with the different modifiers within 3DS Max. I felt like the Bevel tool benefitted me the most as it allowed me to add more to the shape onto a certain face. As well as this it also allows me to change the shape and make larger faces.
Out of all of these weapons, I feel like the spear was the easiest to create as it is mainly a handle with a small blade. For all of the blades, I found that the target weld was a good tool to use as it allowed all the edges to meet at a certain point. To make sure that this wasn’t a tri I added a very small square at the end of the blade. The dagger was easy to make as I used the sword which I previously created and re-scaled the pieces so that the blade and hilt were smaller. So that it wasn’t exactly the same I also slightly changed the shape of the hilt so that it was more unique. The bow was just a cylinder beveled and rotated to gain the correct shape. To save me time and to make sure it was the same on both sides I used the symmetry modifier.
I still need more practice using this program but the more I used it the easier I find it and the more abilities I am able to do.